- 16 views
Human rights activists want the government to demonstrate that its doing its best to protect women and girls from sexual violence during the electioneering period. Mulika Wabakaji Campaign Consortium which brings together over 30 Civil Society Organizations say women and girls have suffered sexual violence in the past elections a situation that must be avoided.The civil society groups have called on relevant authorities to ensure perpetrators of rape and defilement get convicted to ensure justice for victims.
Connect with KBC Online; Subscribe to our channel: https://t.ly/86BKN Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KBCChannel1 Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kbcchannel1news Check our website: https://www.kbc.co.ke/
#KBCchannel1 #ThisIsKBC #mulikawabakaji #genderbasedviolencedefilement violence sex rape
Civil societies call for conviction of perpetrators of rape and defilement
- 10 Aug 2022 - Nakuru East MP David Gikaria has been released on police bond of Ksh.50,000 a day after he was arrested following an altercation at a polling station within the county.
- 10 Aug 2022 - The MP who was seeking to retain his seat under a UDA ticket conceded to his top rival Felix Odiwor alias Jalango who was running under an ODM ticket.
- 10 Aug 2022 - Police in Khwisero constituency, Kakamega County are searching for ANC Party parliamentary candidate Godfrey Kanoti along with two other people who allegedly invaded a polling station.
- 10 Aug 2022 - Gender Sector Working Group has rated the administration’s milestones in four thematic areas.
- 10 Aug 2022 - A youthful politician became the subject of conversation for the way he conceded defeat in the Mukurwe-ini parliamentary seat.
- 10 Aug 2022 - The Azimio presidential running mate has broken her silence as the presidential vote tallying continues.
- 10 Aug 2022 - Judie Kaberia: Prior to the maternity policy, journalists in the media house were warned not to get pregnant during an election year
- 10 Aug 2022 - Kabarak was President Moi’s polling station when he voted in elections held after he retired.
- 10 Aug 2022 - Naomi Shaban, who has been at the helm of the coastal constituency for 20 years and was seeking to retain her seat on a Jubilee Party ticket conceded to defeat from her main rival, Wiper Party’s John Bwire Okano.
- 10 Aug 2022 - Dr Miguna was ejected from Kenya in 2018, with the government arguing he had renounced his citizenship.
- 10 Aug 2022 - Kimunya says he respects the people’s choice.
- 10 Aug 2022 - The two-term Busia Governor promised to ensure a smooth transition of power to the next Governor.
- 10 Aug 2022 - The UDA candidate was eyeing the Kamukunji parliamentary seat.
- 10 Aug 2022 - 0
- 10 Aug 2022 - 0
- 10 Aug 2022 - The earliest documentation of “peacekeeper babies” emerged during the UN presence in Timor-Leste and west Africa.
- 10 Aug 2022 - Kimunya replaced Garissa Township MP Aden Duale as Majority Leader, when the party leadership ousted leaders allied to Deputy President William Ruto from various house leadership positions.
- 10 Aug 2022 - Kimunya further congratulated his opponent on the win and thanked the people of Kipipiri for entrusting him with serving them.
- 10 Aug 2022 - The IEBC is tallying the presidential results at the Bomas of Kenya.
- 10 Aug 2022 - Reading Time: < 1 minute National Assembly Majority Leader Amos Kimunya has conceded defeat after losing his Kipipiri seat to United Democratic Alliance (UDA) candidate […]