- 37 views
An innovative plan by the government and the private sector to promote conservation of Dundori Forest by involving communities bordering it, is improving the forest cover in the area. Through an environmental initiative, locals through Dundori Forest Association have assumed a central role in Environmental Conservation by practicing proper agronomical practices in their homes and sourcing for alternative sources of timber for industrial and fuel uses.
Connect with KBC Online; Subscribe to our channel: https://t.ly/86BKN Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KBCChannel1 Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kbcchannel1news Check our website: https://www.kbc.co.ke/
#KBCchannel1 #DundoriForest #News
Environmentalists incorporate the locals in Dundori Forest Conservation
- East African regional leaders demand ceasefire in eastern Congo6 Feb 2023 - East African regional leaders on Saturday renewed their call for an immediate ceasefire by all sides in the conflict in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo that pits the country's military against a rebel group it has accused Rwanda of supporting.
- Revamped rail to spur economy, says Mwadime6 Feb 2023 - Mwadime called on the State to speed up the rehabilitation of the once-neglected railway line and the Ikanga Airstrip in Voi town to boost the local economy.
- She was admitted to a national school but might repeat Standard Eight for lack of fees6 Feb 2023 - As Form One learners prepare to report to school on Monday, a family in Kisii County is considering having their daughter repeat Class Eight after failing to raise funds for her to join secondary school.
- From school dropout to billionaire: Mbote’s story6 Feb 2023 - Reading Time: 2 minutes Like many other Kikuyu billionaires before him, William Mbote, 78, built a formidable business empire despite his humble educational background. […]
- Child eaten by hyena as drought ravages Marsabit6 Feb 2023 - A child was on Saturday night attacked and parts of his body eaten by a hyena in Balaah area near Korr, Marsabit County.
- South Africa records two imported cholera cases6 Feb 2023 - South Africa has recorded two confirmed imported cases of cholera, the health department said on Sunday, as it called for vigilance.
- Bett bets on rich Indians to boost tourism recovery6 Feb 2023 - Country is seeking to grow its visitor numbers from one of the top five performing tourism source markets to surpass the 2019 figures. Arrivals from India grew by 93.2 per cent last year.
- Kenya eyes cheap fertiliser from Tanzania as input shortage bites6 Feb 2023 - Agriculture has been identified by Ruto as one of the pillars of the economic recovery plan. The decision was prompted by the ongoing conflict between Ukraine and Russia.
- Workers to pay more to the NSSF pension as new law allowed6 Feb 2023 - Judges say proposal to increase monthly contribution from Sh200 to Sh2,000 is legal. They also ruled that enactment of the NSSF Act, 2013 did not require participation of the Senate.
- Kakuma refugees still in friction with Turkana locals, over 20 years after resettlement6 Feb 2023 - Sitting on over 5, 000 acres of land and hosting over 40,000 refugees, Kalobeyei Settlement Scheme has been modeled upon one of the options available for refugees in host communities.
- Premium Court orders man to share property 50:50 with professor ex-wife6 Feb 2023 - 0
- Premium Dreams hang in balance for bright Form One students stranded over school fees6 Feb 2023 - 0
- Premium Prime city estates turning fast into slums6 Feb 2023 - 0
- Premium False start: Junior Secondary Schools struggling to take off6 Feb 2023 - 0
- Premium Privatisation talk: The devil is in the detail6 Feb 2023 - 0
- Cost of living expected to ease further as food prices decline6 Feb 2023 - Drop in prices of key food items linked to planned importation of duty-free grain and recent short rains. The Russia-Ukraine conflict and Covid pandemic are also said to no longer affect food costs.
- The Standard - Breaking News, Kenya News, World News and Videos6 Feb 2023 - Kenya's Bold Newspaper. Find the latest news in politics, business, entertainment, sports, live radio and TV
- Eldoret youth cry foul over fake Qatar jobs6 Feb 2023 - Reading Time: 3 minutes A row surrounding a job recruitment firm which saw more than 2,000 youth lose millions of shillings through promises of […]
- Can Klopp turn things around at Liverpool?6 Feb 2023 - If a 3-0 loss at Brighton last month felt like a significant low, then this 3-0 defeat at Molineux was arguably worse.
- Ten Hag wants VAR consistency after Casemiro red card6 Feb 2023 - United players reacted when Schlupp shoved Antony towards the perimeter boards, which Ten Hag said could have left his player “badly injured”.