- 9,924 views
Faith Kipyegon lights up Paris
What a night in Paris! Probably the greatest ever in distance running, a perfect prelude to next year's Olympic Games in the French capital and the best advertisement for athletics. And Kenya was at the centre of it all, in the form of the tantalising 1,500m world and Olympic champion and now double world record holder Faith Kipyegon. In the space of seven days, the 29-year-old mother of one from Keringet, Nakuru County, has smashed two track world records in astonishing fashion, and it looks like she's only just warming up! At the Italian leg of the Diamond League series in Florence eight days ago, Kipyegon smashed the 1,500m mark in 3:49.11, eclipsing the previous mark of 3:50.07 set by Ethiopia's Genzebe Dibaba in Monaco in 2015.
Faith Kipyegon on breaking the 5000m world record in Paris Diamond League
- 28 Sep 2023 - The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) CEO Twalib Mbarak has disclosed a plot by some of the county governors and public officials to loot public coffers in the name of El Nino rains' preparation.
- 28 Sep 2023 - EACC CEO Twalib Mbarak has opened up on receiving numerous threats from politicians who are the subject of investigations by the State agency.
- 28 Sep 2023 - A huge portrait of Jesus Christ dominates the crowd, which parts to make way for a stream of coffins after a fire tore through an Iraqi Christian wedding.
- 28 Sep 2023 - Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) CEO Twalib Mbarak has provided insights into how the agency handles complaints and investigations into corruption-related cases before forwarding such files to the Office of the Director of Public…
- 28 Sep 2023 - Reading Time: 2 minutes Harambee Starlets coach Beldine Odemba believes the team’s penalty shootout victory against Cameroon in the 2024 Africa Women’s Cup of […]
- 28 Sep 2023 - The two Houses of Parliament are inching closer to approving the four Health Bills with minimal interventions from parliamentarians.
- » MPs inch closer to approving Bill allowing 2.75% salary deduction for employees' health insurance fund28 Sep 2023 - The two Houses of Parliament are inching closer to approving the four Health Bills with minimal interventions from parliamentarians.
- 28 Sep 2023 - The national blackout experienced last month could likely have been caused by 5 transmitter masts that were not functional.
- 28 Sep 2023 - Reading Time: 2 minutes Kenyan athletes are poised to make their mark in both the men’s and women’s 5km races in the upcoming World […]
- 28 Sep 2023 - Two people were on Wednesday evening confirmed dead after a road accident past Laisamis area on the Marsabit - Isiolo highway.