- 844 views
Roads and Transport CS Kipchumba Murkomen and his South Sudanese counterpart Simon Mijak have agreed to address the issues surrounding the development of the 350km Nadapal-Juba road. This decision follows the directive of Presidents William Ruto of Kenya and Salva Kiir of South Sudan, who instructed the ministers to facilitate seamless connectivity between the Port of Mombasa and Juba. The two ministers have committed to signing a Memorandum of Understanding that seeks to separate the border issues from connectivity, paving the way for the construction of the road. During the meeting, CS Murkomen also reaffirmed Kenya's commitment to completing its part of the Lamu Port-South Sudan-Ethiopia-Transport (LAPSSET) Corridor project.
Kenya & Sudan agree to resolve issues on Nadapal-Juba Road
- 28 Feb 2024 - A middle-aged woman has been admitted to Naivasha Level 4 hospital, after her estranged husband splashed boiling water on her, and stabbed her abdomen with a knife.
- 28 Feb 2024 - A section of Kenya Kwanza Members of Parliament now say that President William Ruto will have an unopposed re-election in the 2027 presidential election.
- 28 Feb 2024 - Council of Governors (COG) Chair Anne Waiguru has emphasized the abundant investment opportunities available across the counties, urging investors to explore these untapped prospects.
- 28 Feb 2024 - Nairobi Governor Johnson Sakaja had a not-too-easy time on Tuesday when he appeared before a Senate committee that summoned him over the implementation of the Urban City Renewal Plan that is being undertaken by the Nairobi County Government.
- 28 Feb 2024 - Meru County is on the spot once again after Deputy Governor Isaac Mutuma made fresh allegations against Governor Kawira Mwangaza.
- 28 Feb 2024 - The pastor's prayer was fully loaded with heavy English vocabularies that excited dignitaries present.
- 28 Feb 2024 - WhatsApp said the aim is to get rid of having multiple devices for different accounts
- 28 Feb 2024 - The three also tampered with court cases, where the accused had pleaded guilty.
- 28 Feb 2024 - The Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) is committed towards transforming the country into a circular economy.
- 28 Feb 2024 - Security concerns, funding issues, are some of the challenges facing the project.