- 481 views
Connect with KBC Online; Subscribe to our channel: https://t.ly/86BKN Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KBCChannel1 Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kbcchannel1news Check our website: https://www.kbc.co.ke/
LIVE: Lunchtime News II 1st December 2022 || www.kbc.co.ke
- East African regional leaders demand ceasefire in eastern Congo6 Feb 2023 - East African regional leaders on Saturday renewed their call for an immediate ceasefire by all sides in the conflict in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo that pits the country's military against a rebel group it has accused Rwanda of supporting.
- She was admitted to a national school but might repeat Standard Eight for lack of fees6 Feb 2023 - As Form One learners prepare to report to school on Monday, a family in Kisii County is considering having their daughter repeat Class Eight after failing to raise funds for her to join secondary school.
- Child eaten by hyena as drought ravages Marsabit6 Feb 2023 - A child was on Saturday night attacked and parts of his body eaten by a hyena in Balaah area near Korr, Marsabit County.
- South Africa records two imported cholera cases6 Feb 2023 - South Africa has recorded two confirmed imported cases of cholera, the health department said on Sunday, as it called for vigilance.
- Kakuma refugees still in friction with Turkana locals, over 20 years after resettlement6 Feb 2023 - Sitting on over 5, 000 acres of land and hosting over 40,000 refugees, Kalobeyei Settlement Scheme has been modeled upon one of the options available for refugees in host communities.
- Ruto says TSC has completed recruiting 30,000 extra teachers6 Feb 2023 - President William Ruto says the government has completed the recruitment of 30,000 additional teachers to address the teacher-student ratio gap.
- Republicans assail Biden over handling of Chinese balloon5 Feb 2023 - Marco Rubio, vice chair of the Senate intelligence committee, criticized the US president for waiting so long to alert the public as the alleged spy balloon made its "unprecedented" flight over America, saying this amounted to "dereliction of duty."
- Raila Odinga unveils youth resistance movement5 Feb 2023 - Mr Odinga said that Dr Ruto promised a poor man’s government only to unveil a government of billionaires.
- 16 hospitalised in suspected cholera outbreak in Kitui5 Feb 2023 - Most of those admitted are learners from Maseki Primary School.
- Parents colluding with teachers to have Grade 7 learners dodge CBC5 Feb 2023 - Official says they are aware of attempts to have JSS learners registered for KCPE in Garissa
- MP Koyoo disburses Sh3.5m bursary for students joining Form 15 Feb 2023 - MP says beneficiaries are bright and needy students from poor families.
- Court issues arrest warrant for director in Sh10m company theft5 Feb 2023 - The accused is said to have absconded court after being charged last year with forgery
- Two brothers lynched in Embu, bodies burnt5 Feb 2023 - Villagers accused the two brothers of being members of a gang that had been terrorising residents.
- Thousands join pope for Mass is South Sudan5 Feb 2023 - Thousands join pope for Mass is South Sudan
- Karua to Ruto: We’ll kick out anyone you dare appoint to the IEBC single-handedly5 Feb 2023 - NARC Kenya party leader Martha Karua said on Sunday that the opposition will chase anyone President William Ruto will appoint to the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) without public participation.
- Displaced sacco members to return to Mai Mahiu land after court victory5 Feb 2023 - Judge ordered encroachers to vacate in 30 days for Utheri wa Lari members to resettle
- German shoe factory changing lives of Kwale youth5 Feb 2023 - 90 per cent of the staffers are locals who had tarmacked for years in search of employment
- Moi Referral can now handle liver cancer surgeries, says CEO Aruasa5 Feb 2023 - Says burden of disease was huge on health facilities but with early detection cases can be managed
- African economies under multiple headwinds5 Feb 2023 - Insecurity and political instability are becoming pervasive across Africa.
- Kenya reaps conservation dividends as canines crush trafficking of wildlife products5 Feb 2023 - AWF vice president says dogs are a critical factor in combating poaching