- 168 views
Unknown to many, since independence to the year 1999, the Kenya Defence Forces discouraged female soldiers from getting married or giving birth due to the inconvenience of juggling between family life and the military duties. Lt Col Martha Waithaka served as the Women Corp Commander until reforms were initiated that saw the easing of such restrictions.
Connect with KBC Online; Subscribe to our channel: https://t.ly/86BKN Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KBCChannel1 Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kbcchannel1news Check our website: https://www.kbc.co.ke/
#KBCchannel1 #ThisIsKBC #militarytales
Military tales | Col. Martha Waithaka
- - Duniani Leo ››
- 4 Oct 2023 - At least 29 Niger soldiers were killed in an ambush by insurgents near the country's border with Mali, the defence ministry said, the deadliest attack since the military seized power in a coup in July.
- 4 Oct 2023 - It is our responsibility to equip our children with age-appropriate knowledge about the reality of single-parent households
- 4 Oct 2023 - Widow narrates how her son murdered her husband after father and son argued over a Sh50 illicit brew.
- 4 Oct 2023 - Former Embakasi MP, late Muhuri Muchiri, approached workers to bring in directors to make the 5,005-acre parcel profitable
- 4 Oct 2023 - The President will tour Kisumu, Siaya, Homa Bay and Migori.
- 4 Oct 2023 - Ministry of Lands aware that there were under dealings on land
- 4 Oct 2023 - Head of Roman Catholic Church clarifies that same-sex relationships are still ‘objectively sinful.’
- 4 Oct 2023 - Getting along with the people who affect your business is beneficial
- 4 Oct 2023 - Kenyans finished fourth in both the men’s and women’s categories
- 4 Oct 2023 - Crestwood team slept in the office for five months under pressure to deliver