- 661 views
https://nation.africa/ Independent candidate Brian Obiero Anyango is the MCA-elect for South Gem Ward in the hotly contested by-election held on December 8.
The election was marred with violence; five people are still recuperating at Bondo sub-county hospital after two rival groups clashed at Kambare Primary School polling station.
The rowdy youths also stoned seven vehicles and temporarily stopped the voting exercise at Kambare polling station.violence
ODM falls with a thud in South Gem ward
- Senate raises concerns over disputes between Executive and MCAs6 Feb 2023 - The Senate has termed as worrying the on-going fights and differences between the Executive and Members of the County Assembly (MCAs) in different counties.
- Protesters in DR Congo's Goma denounce East African military force6 Feb 2023 - The M23, a Tutsi-led group, has captured large swathes of territory in the North Kivu province, recently coming to within a few miles of Goma and its one million residents.
- Kindiki cautions Raila over countrywide rallies6 Feb 2023 - Interior Cabinet Secretary Kithure Kindiki on Monday warned Azimio La Umoja leader Raila Odinga of breaking the law in his ongoing nationwide rallies.
- Vietnam seizes 600 kg of ivory smuggled from Africa6 Feb 2023 - Trade in ivory is illegal in Vietnam but wildlife trafficking remains widespread. Other items often found smuggled into the country include pangolin scales, rhino horns and tiger carcasses.
- UN chief fears world headed for 'wider war' over Ukraine-Russia6 Feb 2023 - The secretary-general laid out his priorities for the year in a gloomy speech to the United Nations General Assembly that focused on Russia's invasion, the climate crisis and extreme poverty.
- Six Triple Eight: City transformed for Netflix World War Two film6 Feb 2023 - The film stars Oprah Winfrey, Susan Sarandon and Kerry Washington.
- I'll push for sanity in education - Luanda MP Maungu says6 Feb 2023 - Maungu was speaking at Luanda constituency where he was commissioning a Lunch program
- Meta can be sued by ex-moderator, judge rules6 Feb 2023 - Meta declined to comment, but legal campaign group Foxglove expected it to appeal.
- Nyandarua County government releases Sh42 million for bursaries6 Feb 2023 - The county plans to spend Sh176 million on bursaries, its highest amount since devolution.
- Leading Africa's casino GamePawa launches in Kenya6 Feb 2023 - Despite only recently entering the market, Gamepawa has been well accepted by Kenyan gamblers, who have been able to compare it to other websites and determine that it is the greatest casino platform.
- Second balloon over Latin America is ours - China6 Feb 2023 - China has denied accusations of spying, saying it was monitoring the weather.
- Nigerian senator in UK court over organ-harvesting trial6 Feb 2023 - The defendants deny the charges.
- Kindiki fires warning shot at Raila over Azimio rallies6 Feb 2023 - "Actually I don't care on one condition, that they keep law and order," he said.
- Premium Luo Nyanza should defy its leaders, accept governments' food6 Feb 2023 - 0
- Premium Flawed logic that has been used to back exam cheating claims6 Feb 2023 - 0
- CS Kindiki: Crime cases have reduced in the last three months6 Feb 2023 - CS Kindiki: Crime cases have reduced in the last three months
- Biennial Review reports enhancing agriculture transformation and development in Africa6 Feb 2023 - Biennial Review reports enhancing agriculture transformation and development in Africa
- Why foreign embassies should review visa policies6 Feb 2023 - Why foreign embassies should review visa policies
- Court frees Korogocho MCA on Ksh100,000 over incitement to violence6 Feb 2023 - Court frees Korogocho MCA on Ksh100,000 over incitement to violence
- DP Gachagua: We must protect our children from harmful practices6 Feb 2023 - DP Gachagua: We must protect our children from harmful practices