- 23 views
A section of opposition lawmakers now want the Finance Bill 2023 withdrawn and have it formulated in a way that resonates with Kenyans. Led Minority leader in the National Assembly Opiyo Wandayi, the MPs argued that the Contentious bill is not popular among Kenyans due to the heavy taxes it will impose on them.
Connect with KBC Online; Subscribe to our channell: https://t.ly/86BKN Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KBCChannel1 Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kbcchannel1news Check our website: https://www.kbc.co.ke/
Opposition calls for sobriety in considering Finance Bill
- 4 Oct 2023 - Former Embakasi MP, late Muhuri Muchiri, approached workers to bring in directors to make the 5,005-acre parcel profitable
- 3 Oct 2023 - The evangelical churches were key to President William Ruto's successful run for State House, almost as important as the politics of 'hustlers' versus the ‘dynasties,’ that the Kenya Kwanza Alliance relied on.
- » 'Wastage won't be tolerated,' President Ruto says as he orders ministries to cut budgets by 10 percent3 Oct 2023 - President William Ruto has directed ministries to cut their 2023/2024 budgets by 10 percent to align expenditures with available resources amidst the global economic stress.
- 3 Oct 2023 - EACC has revealed that it has forwarded former Kakamega Governor Wycliffe Oparanya's file to the ODPP for further action.
- 3 Oct 2023 - UoN council now says it will continue working together with embattled VC Prof. Stephen Kiama amid an ongoing stalemate over his leadership.
- 3 Oct 2023 - The leader of the main opposition party in Seychelles was charged on Monday as part of an investigation into alleged witchcraft.
- 3 Oct 2023 - Police have smashed an illegal organ harvesting ring, arresting eight people for surgically removing kidneys from hundreds of patients for wealthy people needing a transplant.
- 3 Oct 2023 - EACC has fired a stern warning at persons intending to embezzle public funds in the ongoing national mitigation measures aimed at managing the looming El Nino rain effects.
- 3 Oct 2023 - The Kenya National Civil Society Centre (KNCSC) has raised concerns over the impending deployment of Kenya’s security forces to Haiti, citing non-compliance with the requirements of the Constitution and the law.
- 3 Oct 2023 - Internationally acclaimed artiste, Wande Coal, hosted an invite-only meet and greet that had everyone eagerly anticipating. This exclusive event brought together Kenyan music lovers and celebrities for a night of unforgettable moments. The night kicked…