- 28 views
In a country whose elections are marred by allegations of irregularities, the 1988 General Election will always be remembered for the blatant disregard for the principle of a free and fair election. TONIGHT ON HISTORY IN PERSPECTIVE, we take at the incident that is most credited with impacting Kenya’s push for return of Multipartism, six years after Kenya formally became a one-party state, the MLOLONGO VOTING SYSTEM OF 1988.
Connect with KBC Online; Subscribe to our channel: https://t.ly/86BKN Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KBCChannel1 Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kbcchannel1news Check our website: https://www.kbc.co.ke/
#KBCchannel1 #KenyaElection2022 #News #mlolongosystem
History in Perspective | Focus on the mlolongo voting system
- 30 Sep 2022 - The Nairobi Metropolitan Services (NMS) has officially handed back its responsibilities to the Nairobi County Government.
- 30 Sep 2022 - The High Court has declared Section 22 (ii) of the Elections Act that requires one to have a degree to vie for Governor seat as unconstitutional.
- 30 Sep 2022 - Brazilian novelist Paulo Coelho has promised to send Double Olympic champion Eliud Kipchoge the first ever Kiswahili translated copy of his famous novel 'The Alchemist', after he broke his own men's world record at the Berlin Marathon on Sunday.
- 30 Sep 2022 - A police officer was on Friday morning shot dead and two others injured in a shoot out with a suspected gangster at Pap Onditi area in Nyakach, Kisumu County.
- 30 Sep 2022 - Facebook-parent Meta put out word to employees on Thursday that it will freeze hiring to cut costs as it endures tough economic times, The Wall Street Journal reported.
- 30 Sep 2022 - Two people lost their lives on Friday morning at Samson Corner area along the Mwea-Embu Highway in Kirinyaga County following an accident between a motorcycle and a lorry.
- 30 Sep 2022 - Ruto on Tuesday nominated seven women to Cabinet Secretary positions.
- 30 Sep 2022 - Nyambura is determined to change perception of teenage mothers as burdens in society
- 30 Sep 2022 - Mrima observed that the requirement was unconstitutional.
- 30 Sep 2022 - Mwangaza made the announcement while unveiling her Cabinet at the Governor's office.
- 30 Sep 2022 - Badi on Friday officially handed over all transferred functions back to Nairobi County Government.
- 30 Sep 2022 - The High Court has delivered a verdict on the degree requirement for governor aspirants to contest.
- 30 Sep 2022 - She had earlier read a foul play in Gicheru's death, asking the government to expedite probe to establish how the lawyer died.
- 30 Sep 2022 - The Monetary Policy Committee on Thursday increased it to 8.25 per cent.
- 30 Sep 2022 - Cabinet Secretaries will be more visible, controlling billions of shillings in budgetary allocations.
- 30 Sep 2022 - Justice Mrima says the academic requirement is unconstitutional.
- 30 Sep 2022 - "We still need you to serve our people," Sakaja added.
- 30 Sep 2022 - Screening heightened in Mombasa port and Moi International Airport.
- 30 Sep 2022 - Main roads in the capital Ouagadougou blocked by troops and state television signal cut.
- 30 Sep 2022 - Tuesday's attack targeted Adi-Daero town, located near the Eritrean border, the aid worker said.